In January I had the awesome surprise from Brenda at MyAngelsVoice.com of being nominated for the “Blogger Recognition Award“. Have you checked out her blog and posts? If not – have a look around her site. It’s magical. Thank you so much Brenda for the nomination and the opportunity to share with you and others some insights into my blog as well as yours!
Here Are The Rules
1. Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
2. Write a post to show your award.
3. Give a brief story of how your blog started.
4. Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
5. Select up to fifteen bloggers you want to give this award to.
6. Comment (or pingback) on each blog to let them know that you’ve nominated them and provide a link to the post you’ve created
The beginnings of the BlackAnt blog:
Wow! That was a long time ago (2006). Blogging was not then what it is now. I actually started the blog because I was tired of writing letters by hand and kept losing email addresses.
So, I started this blog as a way to keep my mum, sister, cousins and friends apprised of my life and adventures. Of course, they did a terrible job of subscribing to the blog, and I had to let them know through Facebook, messenger and email each time I posted! Mission NOT accomplished! So, if you read any of my really OLD posts they are all about the mundane of life – my latest fad diets, personal growth and reading, and then it gets into my fertility treatments, ectopic pregnancy and hell.
I finally restarted my blog in 2018, sharing my personal growth and transformation journey. At that stage, I started to take it a big more seriously and posts have more structure, rhyme and reason.
- Do you. Every blog is a reflection of the blogger. You will have an audience and a niche, but recognise that it will be different to another blogger that is in the same niche. Your style, your voice and your message are all your own. Don’t be afraid of false starts (I’ve deleted more posts than what are actually on this blog site!).
- Cooperation & collaboration, not competition. If 2019 taught me anything, it’s that other bloggers are not your competition! They are your friends, supporters and collaborators. Reach out. Build relationships. Work together. You will grow so much faster working with others than trying to do this on your own.
- Abby Likes to Read – you can follow her on Twitter – Abby – @abbylikesbooks
- Mischevious Words by Marta – you can follow her on Twitter – Mischievous Words by Marta – @MartaAzra
- The Black Princess Diaries – you can follow her on Twitter – @_BPDiaries_
- Gemma from Help me, I’m Adulting – you can follow her on Twitter – Gemma|Help Me I’m Adulting Blog – @gemmanewbery88
- Talk that Food Talk – you can follow her on Twitter – TalkThatFoodTalk – @TFTTBlog
- Chocoviv’s Lifestyle Blog – you can follow her on Twitter – Chocoviv – @Chocoviv1
I hope you enjoy all of these blogs – with the awesome variety of posts and the amazing women behind them all!