I realise that this year I have been terrible about keeping my blog up to date. Put the lack of writing down to:
- Susy (have to take her out every day for a walk, to keep her happy)
- Dr. Taylor (dedicating 3 hours per week to a personal session in personal growth and leadership training)
- Staff training – dedicating 1-4 hours per week to training my staff in assertiveness, communication skills, team work, etc.
- Starting a diploma at University in Leadership for a Global Economy
- (Finally) starting my Masters Degree in Law (it finally made it into “today” rather than “tomorrow”).
In any case, one of my home work exercises (that I gave myself, rather than being assigned from Dr. Taylor or the diploma, was to write a personal mission statement. What are my values? What do I hold dear? What principles will I live by?
Putting that down on paper has been a huge task. Lots of time for reflection and trying to get things together.
But all worth while in the end.
Books that I am reading at the moment:
This year, it’s all about study, personal growth, and leadership skills. Improving my firm, starting with myself.